No one can deny the importance and power of social media. It connects you to several users around the globe. You can share your daily activities through steaks and short clips.
Pin and Unpin is a unique feature on Snapchat. You are pinning means putting a specific person on the list top whose chats or messages you don’t want to miss. This way you can better collaborate with your team or friend while doing a particular project. While unpin means the opposite to it.
When the project ends or collaboration finishes, you can instantly unpin a particular person or friend. Wondering how to unpin someone on snapchat? Find the details right in this quick guide.
Way to Unpin Someone on Snapchat
The method or process to unpin someone on snapchat is as follows:
- The first step is to open up your snapchat app. Now go to that chat you no longer want to see on top.
- You can access the chats by using the tab featuring chats text on the screen’s bottom
- Open the chat. You can find the dots in the right corner located at the top section. Go to the three dots. Doing this will open up in detail the menu in front of you.
- Now access the “Pin to Chat List” option and uncheck it.
- After you have finished doing this, the chat will relocate to the position where it was previously
Thus, this is the process you need to follow to unpin someone on snapchat.
Why Unpin Someone on Snapchat?
A plethora of reasons exist that you want to consider why to unpin someone on snapchat. Some of the main reasons include the following:
- A person with whom you are collaborating has blocked you. This means you are unable to text that person. The unpinning will lead you to remove him from the top list.
- There might be a reason that a person has broken up with you. He/ She doesn’t want to keep you in connection for longer. Therefore, the best solution to this is only unpinning that particular person.
- Often you come across scams or spam. You must need to avoid interacting with such people. The only way to do this is to unpin them or block them.
- Probably there was some project on which you needed the collaboration of some people. But now the project has ended, and you no longer need that person at the top of the snapchat chat section. The only solution is to unpin them.
Scenario When You Are Unable To Unpin Someone
Several reasons exist that can prevent you from doing so. Some of the main reasons are:
- Suppose you are a group member and not the owner/ admin. You cannot unpin anyone through the chat.
- Sometimes an error in the app prevents you from unpinning someone on snapchat. If you encounter this situation, wait and then try again.
- In case you are using an app that is entirely out of date, then you cannot do so. Deleting that version and reinstalling a new version will also solve this issue.